2010年8月28日星期六

Novel/Poem Compare and Contrast Frame

1. Should I feel guilty?


Should I feel guilty for the care I give,
For helping my loved one in the life she lives?
Should I feel guilty for keeping her here,
For cleaning her messes, and wiping her tears?
Should I feel guilty for the things I do,
For one whose love for me was true?
Should I feel guilty for the choices I made,
Of caring for her as her life fades?
I sometimes wonder at the path life takes.
I know I'm not perfect, I've made mistakes.
But should I feel guilty? This much I know,
I'll answer with a resounding NO!
 Jerry Ham

Novel:
Dunstan is guilty even though he did not throw the snow ball.

Poem:
He don’t know if he needs to feel guilty for the care and love he gives and for all the things he did for her.

Both:
They both are not responsible for the incidences but they both feel that they are.


2. I Feel Guilty

It's amazing
That even though
I've realized
That it wasn't
My fault
I still have
This desire
To blame myself
For what you did
For the things
I couldn't control
For the words
You always said
And the hurt
You created
For some reason
I can't stop
Having nightmares
I can't keep feeling
Deep inside me
Frightened
Destroyed
Broken
And even though I know
It wasn't my fault
Or her fault
But yours
Some part of me
Still feels quilty
not leaving
For not stopping you
For not standing up
For myself
For letting you
Break me down
Piece by little piece
And it hurts
Because you
Were supposed to be
The person I could lean on
The one I could depend on
The one to love me till you died
But you never were
And still aren't
I feel guilty
For not realizing earlier
For not protesting
For not screaming at the top of my lungs
For not telling everyone I knew
About your dangers
I feel guilty
For still loving you
As a daughter should

By: Ranmshu Cangius
Novel:
Dunstan is guilty to the Dempster family for the premature birth of Paul.

Poem:
The writer of the poem is guilty to her parents because she could not understand why her parents changed for the worst.

Both:
They both feel guilty.


3.True Friend

Friend gives you smile
But true friend gives you happiness
Friend will lie about you
But true friend won’t tell your weakness
Friend knives your back
But true friend will slog your face
Thousands friends come when you’re happy
But only one true friend comes when you cry
Friend comes when he needs you
But true friend comes when you need him
Friend leaves when everybody does
But true friend comes when everybody leaves
Friend comes and leaves
But true friend is yours forever

Novel:
Boy to Dunstan is considered as a friend but as well an enemy because although they are friends, Boy did not confess that he was the one who threw the snowball and Dunstan had the feeling that he was responsible.

Poem:
The poem is talking about a true friend who will be there for you no matter what.

Both:
The friends in these two poems have been there for each other.

4. I can't remember

I can't remember,
Skipping rocks on the pond,
My childhood forever gone,
My Childhoods lost,
Going to the lake,
Sitting on the beach,
Playing with friends,
And dancing in the streets,

I can't remember,
The talk I had with dad,
My childhood forever gone,
My childhood was lost,
I still can't remember,
How it is gone,
My childhood forever gone,
My childhood's lost!

By: Demarcus Reynolds

Novel:
Ramsey’s childhood is not that good. He didn’t have time to play after school because he needs to take care of Paul.

Poem:
The childhood in the poem relates to a young child referring to his/her parents.

Both:
Both childhoods have painful moments and only becomes a sad memory later on.


5. For All You Do

Thank you so much for all you do;
You're truly a delight;
When my life overwhelms and does me in,
You make everything all right.

By: Karl and Joanna Fuchs

Novel:
Dunstan is very helpful to the Dempster family by taking care of Paul when his parents were out working however Mr. Dempster does not know that he is helping him take care of his son. As well, Dunstan hid Boy’s secret for throwing the ball at Mrs. Dempster.

Poem:
The author of the poem is very thankful and grateful for his/her friend who helped them in their problems.

Both:
For both parties in the novel and the poem, helpfulness is similar.

没有评论:

发表评论